Dr. Nadia du Toit
Nadia completed her medical degree at the University of Pretoria in South Africa, where she grew up. Following graduation, she practiced 2 years of medicine in underserved rural communities in South Africa.
A desire for new challenges took her to the UK where she practiced emergency medicine in London, Manchester, and Liverpool. Nadia decided to do two more years abroad before returning to South African and was recruited to work in Bonnyville, Alberta as a family physician with an interest in Obstetrics. It was in Bonnyville that she realized her passion for obstetrics and, after three years, decided to pursue specialty training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Alberta.
After graduation in 2016, Nadia worked in all of Edmonton’s major hospitals before starting a full time practice out of the Grey Nuns in 2018. While it has been way more than two years, Nadia is happy to be raising her young family in a great city like Edmonton.
Like all doctors at the South Edmonton Women’s Care Clinic, she is committed to providing a comprehensive approach to women’s care. She provides obstetric and gynecologic surgical care at the Grey Nun’s Hospital.
Main Practice Focus
Obstetrics: Low and High-risk Obstetrics including:
- Medical complications in pregnancy
- Caesarean sections
- Patients with prior Caesarean sections wanting to attempt a vaginal delivery
- Breech and Malpresentations
- Advanced Maternal age in pregnancy
- Elevated BMI in pregnancy
- Placental complications during pregnancy
Please Call 587-635-3555 to book an appointment with Dr. du Toit for your first maternity appointment.
- IUCD insertions and Nexplanon implant insertions and removals
- Minimal invasive surgery
- Endometrial ablations
- Managing and treatment of menorrhagia
- Managing common vulvar disorders
- Diagnosing and management of primary and secondary infertility
All gynecology appointments are by referral only.
Please see your family doctor, midwife, physiotherapist, or nurse practitioner for a referral to Dr. du Toit.